CBD Topicals Reviews
In this CBD Topical guide
How To Find The Best CBD Topicals For Your Needs
Introduction to CBD Topicals
What Are Cannabidiol Topicals?
Cannabidiol (CBD) topicals are therapeutic products, which are infused with cannabinoids that are extracted from hemp. Hemp is a plant in the cannabis sativa family, which is popularly known because of marijuana. These products are directly applied to the skin for therapeutic purposes. The products include oils, lotions, salves, and balms. CBD-infused products are easy-to-use and safe agents, which can be directly applied to virtually all areas of the body to relieve dermal irritation, inflammation, and soreness. However, CBD topicals do not cause the 'high’ effect, which cannabis causes when smoked, vaporized, or ingested via edibles.
The Working of Topicals
Unlike the ingestion or smoking of marijuana that can affect the whole body and take considerable time to be felt, topical application of CBD permits fast and direct dermal absorption for fast relief to the affected area. The dermal application is a minimally invasive method of using cannabis’ CBD, and it is the most common usage method for consumers that are reluctant to smoke or ingest raw cannabis. However, it should be noted that CBD topicals are not psychoactive. As such, they are popular among users who need the therapy of CBD, but not the typical 'high’ of marijuana. CBD topicals are non-psychoactive because the cannabinoid content only binds to CB2 receptors close to the dermal layer, where it activates the endocannabinoid system without getting into the bloodstream.
What are Topicals Used For?
It is well-known that cannabinoids can be effectively used to manage chronic pain through their interaction with the body’s endocannabinoid system. The topicals are used to relieve localized physical inflammation, muscle aches, tension, and pain. The combination of CBD and THC can also be used to treat central pain in cases such as multiple sclerosis. Topical applications can also be effectively used to relieve chronic pain in conditions such as rheumatism and arthritis. Athletes also make topical use of CBD in relieving physical pain and fatigue. The CBD topicals are preferable because they do not have dangerous side effects characteristic of common painkillers. Regular exercising from athletics causes cell oxidation and the mild tearing of muscles. The antioxidant properties of CBD help in preventing the oxidation. In addition, the anti-inflammatory and analgesic characteristics of CBD can help in relieving pain from overexertion and soreness. CBDs can also be used in treating allergies because the activation of the endocannabinoid system can help in regulating the immune responses in the dermal layer. The antibacterial, anti-inflammatory and immune system modulating properties of CBDs also make it possible to use CBD topicals in treating skin conditions such as psoriasis, eczema, rashes, and burns.
The Range of CBD Topicals Offered
- Tinctures: They come in different flavors and strengths depending on the clients’ needs.
CBD tinctures are often put into baths or massage mixtures.
- Balms: CBD balms are oil infusions that can be absorbed through the skin. Balms are directly applied to the skin in the affected areas and rubbed into the skin. Balms are effective in relieving any aches or pains.
- Vape Oil: Vape oil is used with vaporizers, which convert the CBD oil to vapor, which can then be inhaled. The vaporizers work in a manner similar to the e-cigarettes or e-pen. These tools heat the CBD oil to the vaporization point, thereafter; the user inhales the vapor.
- Therapeutic Blends: CBD therapeutic blends are made from different formulas, which combine various natural ingredients and CBD oil extracts to better the healing power of the blends.
- Honey: CBD can also be combined with honey to make a sweet mixture, which can be used to relieve pain, fever, and swelling. The mixture is ideal for children and it is one of the best ways to give CBD to children.
- CBD Chocolate: CBD can also be mixed with cocoa to make chocolate, which can elongate the period the active ingredient remains active in the body. The mixture is also ideal for children.
- CBD Creams: CBD creams are emulsions of water and oil in equal proportions. The creams penetrate the stratum corneum, which is the outer layer of the skin. Creams are moderate moisturizers and they maintain the shape of the containing container.
- CBD Lotions: Lotions are akin to solutions, but they are emollient and tend to be thicker than solutions. The lotions are made from water and oil mixtures, which also have some alcohol, but in lesser amounts than is the case in solutions.
- CBD Solutions: CBD solutions are made with alcohol or water as the base, but the solutions have low viscosity. They are usually made by dissolving powdered active ingredients in alcohol, water, and sometimes in oil.
- CBD Ointments: Ointments are semi-solid, viscous, and homogenous preparations that are mostly made from thick and greasy oils and water (water 20% and oil 80%). These ointments are viscous in nature, and they are mostly applied on the skin.
- CBD Powder: CBD powder mainly contains the pure cannabidiol or it is made from a mixture of the drug and some powdery carrier such as corn cob powder or corn starch (Miconazole powder). The powder can be used in baths.
- CBD Paste: CBD pastes are made from a combination of water, oil, and the active ingredient’s powder. It is an ointment-like mixture in which the powder is contained as a suspended ingredient.
- CBD Gels: The CBD gels are thicker than their liquefied forms. They occur in semi-solid emulsion-like forms, which use alcohol as a solvent, which is the active ingredient.
What to Look for when Buying CBD Topicals
Trying to buy the best cannabidiol topicals can be challenging, especially for first timers. Cannabidiol topicals come in various sizes, forms, and brands. When seeking information, you may have to go through numerous online resources in order to get appropriate information. But here are some of the most common considerations to make.
1. Cannabidiol Strength
It is important to look at the amount of hemp oil in relation to cannabidiol because these two measures are used to assess the best CBD topicals. Hemp oil may have beneficial properties, but when purchasing CBD topicals, the CBD concentration is of more importance. This is easy to evaluate because the volume of CBD in the product is often indicated on the product’s label. The concentration you may choose will depend on the amount of CBD you need.
It is also important to consider what other ingredients would be in your cannabidiol hemp oil. The mixture may include additives, solvents, and preservatives. Differences in farming methods also mean that the product may have some chemical remnants from fertilizers, herbicides, and pesticides. As such, it is ideal to buy CBD oil that has been derived from Certified Organic Industrial hemp, which is produced organically. Such a product is likely to be more pure.
Transparency is also another factor that determines purity. If you are to know how pure cannabidiol hemp oil is, the manufacturer should be willing to give certified lab results from analyses of the products. These results should show the concentration of the active ingredients and also prove that the product is pure.
Just like any other product, price is a reflection of the product’s purity and quality. There is a need of a substantial amount of hemp for high quality hemp to be produced. In addition, the refinement has to happen through proper refinement processes. As such, the higher the concentration of cannabidiol and the purer the cannabidiol, the higher the price of the CBD extracts.
These factors imply that it is essential to look for a reputable manufacturer for your cannabidiol needs. It is not prudent to settle for low-quality CBD oil to save finances. Instead, it is ideal to look for a brand, which provides good value for your money. However, by the end of the day, the choice ultimately depends on your needs as a buyer, and not all the technical considerations. For instance, if you need consumables such as chocolate, then it would not be ideal to go for balms or tinctures.